In our last post, we discussed 6 ways to get more Pinterest followers. Continuing, let us explore 6 more ways in detail.
7. Find Friends from Facebook and Twitter
An added advantage of connecting your facebook or twitter account with Pinterest account is that you can search friends and connect with them.
Just click on your business name in the top right corner of the screen. You’ll find an option -“Find friend”- in the dropdown menu. By choosing that option, you can find friends and followers from twitter and facebook and follow them on Pinterest.
People are more likely to follow you back when you follow them.
8. Promote individual boards and not the entire profile
People tend to follow boards rather than the whole profiles. So, you should work on promoting your individual boards instead of the entire profile and try to get followers for them.
For this, you need to place your more popular boards in the top row so that they get noticed as soon as people visit your page.
Fullestop has placed the boards with more followers in the top row as you can see below:
Another good way to attract followers is to invite board contributors to pin to your boards. This allows contributors to share pins, thus increasing your board’s exposure. Also, your board will get displayed on their profile page, thereby giving an opportunity to get more followers.
9. Contribute to Group Boards
It is a quick and easy way to gain more followers. When you pin to popular group boards that already have a lot of followers, there are strong chances that their followers become your followers also. You just need to put some efforts in forming a relationship with the board owner or the contributors to make them invite you.
10. Follow People with similar interests
Search for people with similar interests and follow them. Some of them will follow you back. Keep following the ones who follow you back and unfollow the rest.
Here are the steps:
• Search for a keyword in the search bar and your window will be populated with a list of pins, boards and pinners that include your keyword.
• You can choose to follow Boards or Pinners.
• After selecting any of the above options, you can follow any number of boards or pinners from the list.
• Wait to see how many follow you back. Keep following the ones who follow you back and unfollow the rest.
Following this procedure, you’ll be able to build a large follower base.
11. Conduct Contests
Running a Pinterest contest is a smart way to earn followers. You just need to make following your account compulsory to get in the contest and win. You can also use tools like Votigo and Woobox to run such competitions.
12. Keep Your Followers Contented
Just getting followers won’t help. You need to make them happy and satisfied so that they continue to follow you.
Here is the key to keep your followers cheerful:
• Share at intervals: Don’t display all of your pins at once; let them come out at regular intervals. You can also use tools like Curalate for this purpose.
• Share pins related to a single topic per board: Sharing irrelevant pins can make you lose your board followers. It’s recommended that you create different boards for different topic and stay stuck to a single topic per board.
Although Pinterest has been here for several years, it’s only been recently that it is recognized as a strong social marketing tool. With millions of active users, Pinterest allows one to promote their brand and drive potential traffic to the website. The most important thing is that you get a referral link when you share the photograph and you can even pin audio and video files; and the more followers you have, the more interest you’ll be able to generate.
In short, Pinterest gives you a platform from where you can gain immediate traffic from real audience that is genuinely interested in your products and services.